Not so long ago, we launched iRender’s Desktop Application as a Cloud Rendering service. Thank God, there is a lot of positive feedback from users who first experienced the app. However, the main big problem during Open Beta is the diverse platforms of operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux... Therefore they are relatively difficult for us to accommodate all users’ needs.
Updating new features or components for an operating system (OS) is really complicated and delayed. Our new update features can run well on Windows OS, which does not mean to run well on Linux, MacOS … and vice versa.
To get them all right, we are glad to introduce a new version of iRender Cloud Rendering that runs on Web-based platforms (iRender Web App). Thanks to valuable comments from 3D artists who have joined our free trial period (we do appreciate their contributions & feedback), we concentrate on improving major elements as followings:
In the Open Beta, 3D artists have engaged in ideas about data synchronization on the Cloud. They wanted a tool to be used to upload files speedily, efficiently and at any time, the demand of synchronizing texture, EXR, Libs … is regular, not only in rendering.
Furthermore, file system cloning with local file structure from their own computer (Repository is used when working in teams) to the Cloud are also needed to ensure. That would be extremely handy, because once they need to render, they only have to transfer scene files, without adjusting the local path and do not worry about lack of assets.
It will be more productive when the 3D artists work in a team and all their sharing data is ready on the Cloud. They are not happy with waiting or sharing data through Google Drive, DropBox… which does not only keep file structure as common as on their own PC, but also being inactive with slow speed as well.
To meet the above needs, we have developed an independent upload Application, focusing on satisfying the above requirements.
- Running well on Windows, Linux, MacOS
- LocalPath sync CloudPath (Automatically syncing data between clients’ storage and the cloud): Easily syncing data at any time and keeping the directory structure as on the local machine.
- Visualizing and simple & easy-to-use interface
- In the second stage, very soon in April, the Automatic Scene Analysis which automatically synchronizes all changes that came from artists to save on the Cloud will be enable. When you need to render, all assets and data will be available there.
(It is very effective for artists working in groups with a sharing Repository)
- When uploading a scene file to the Cloud, the automated analysis system will read the scene, detect file missing textures and automatically collect them to upload to the Cloud (Of course you can take the initiative by collecting them manually). Imagine in case of missing 20 to 50 texture files, and they get sorted into a different folder, this feature will be useful and save you a lot of time.
- After that, the system will automatically re-standardize the scene path to ensure there are no errors during rendering. Additionally, the system will notice you in detail about other risks like different versions and plugins missing … to apply the most effective rendering process.
- In this release, we allow 3D artists to get full control by adjusting your job settings in the iRender dashboard without having to resubmit your scene.
- The interface was modified to be more friendly and easy-to-use for all users.
We have received some comments from the first users who shared that they wanted to select a GPU or CPU device for a particular project. Thus, we put those settings into our product to boost its flexibility which entails an increase in user’s activity (versus passivity).
- In this version, after completing final renders, you not only track in each frame directly, but also composite results and watch short films online in a limited range from roughly 200 to 500 frames.
- It will be very beneficial in order to manage the render output or share preview with their customers.
In spite of having some experience in the domestic market, we are new to the global market. Your contribution has been always acknowledged and we promise to do our utmost to grow as fast as possible.
Sincerely thank you!